Google

Monday, June 15, 2009

Business built on Values

Today I met an entrepreneur BrS who is running a successful small business. He had hired one of my top students as a summer intern. He expressed an interest in investigating opportunities in India and the possibility of opening an office there and I met him today to share my experiences on this topic. Mr. BrS told me about his philosophy and how he runs his business. He wants a small collegial atmosphere in his office, and tries to get his employees involved in brainstorming solutions to problems. He has limited his business growth because he does not want to sacrifice his values. Even in dealing with people in India he insisted that employees there should be treated as equal to the people here and with respect. He wants to grow slowly, but wants to make sure he gets the right people. I told him that securing the human capital or good employees is the really challenging part. It was a pleasure to talk to a business owner who starts with values and a vision of the workplace he wants to create- where HE would like to work.

No comments: