Google

Sunday, August 31, 2008

What a week it was!

The first week of school is over for us. We had a record number of freshmen and a large number of transfers. I had to spend quite a bit of time helping students drop courses and find new ones, as the courses they had registered for during the summer pre-registration were not the right ones for them. This 'adding courses' business is rather tricky, as many courses are closed.

One of my advisees, who is planning to major in Art, found herself in a Painting course that she found too elementary. I suggested dropping it and picking another course, which was closed. I asked her to send an email to that professor (RB) asking for permission to take his course. She sent the email and copied me on it. The email (letter) that this student wrote is noteworthy. It was very formal, exceptionally polite, very clear, and without a single error. I have never read such an email from anyone in my career.

No comments: