Google

Friday, August 18, 2017

Students commenting, after gaining the wisdom from experiences




I am just so happy you are coming. You have been so influential in my life, all through college and in my career.... KH

I would also like to thank dr. Gurram Gopal, whose support has gone beyond any academic environment, giving me his experienced advice for almost all important decisions I had to make during my time at IIT...JVD

I wanted to add that every meeting with you was the perfect moment of brainstorming and inspiration for every new focus I wanted to give to the project. I am grateful that you could accept be my advisor in the first place, and be capable of learning not only from your insights and perspective but also getting to know such a wonderful person.... AM

I would like to thank you for the terrific course. I was eagerly waiting for this course with much anticipation and I must say it exceeded all of my expectations. Without any exaggeration I can say you are the best professor I have ever had! DJ

Thank you so much, Dr. Gopal!! :) I owe some of my success thanks to you! CS

Thank you Professor Gopal! I'm definitely thankful for all the studies we did in class, because they helped me to prepare for the projects I'm working on now! NR

XYZ here from Elmhurst. I wanted to ask you something about a piece of advice that you gave me a few years ago (at least I believe it was you that gave me this advice). You told me to wait and go to graduate school when I could go to an outstanding program that really matters. Could you elaborate?
I have been working in Logistics and Assets Protection Management  since I graduated and I am starting to get very bored. I am really missing school and am beginning to look into graduate programs that may provide a career opportunity that allows me to use more critical thinking skills. Would you have any thoughts or advice on this Topic? I remember having a great conversation about it - I just wish I could remember what all you said. Isn't that how it always seems to go?!  I appreciate any and all advice- that you may be able to provide.... MH

I was wondering if you would be willing and free sometime to meet up, perhaps after dinner or another day we are both downtown? I am having career conflict and am in the need of some advice, you were always so helpful, even if you could just point me in the direction of someone else to talk to I would really appreciate it! EC

No comments: