Google

Monday, June 08, 2015

Like a good neighbour, St. John is there!

On Saturday evening, we were watching the telly and having some family conversations when I heard a loud sound, appeared to be something hitting the ground. I went to all the rooms and looked to see if anything fell from the ceiling. Not seeing anything, I went outside and around the house, and did not see anything amiss. I then went into the garage and went to the garage door. It appeared to be closed but for some reason I went to the door and noticed that the wire on the right pulley was not in tension. It then dawned on me that the garage door might not have come down properly and the sound we heard was that of the door hitting the ground.
The next day I looked at the door and realized that I needed some help in fixing the problem. we called our neigbour John who came over with a bucket of tools. He realized that one of the springs was broken and needed to be replaced. The broken string then caused the wire in the pulley to come out when the garage door was being opened. John systematically went through the process to get the broken spring out. We then took it to Menards and got a replacement spring and John installed it for us.
John works very hard during the week, and rather than just relaxing, he came over on a Sunday to fix our garage door. He displayed the hallmark of a true gentleman, a neighbour who is there to help. Thanks, John.

No comments: