Google

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Sturgeon’s message to Miliband: will you help us remove the Tories from power? | Comment is free | The Guardian

Sturgeon’s message to Miliband: will you help us remove the Tories from power? | Comment is free | The Guardian: "There was a moment in last Wednesday’s televised leaders’ debate from Salford when I realised just how powerful a message the SNP’s anti-austerity alternative to the Westminster establishment is – not just to voters in Scotland, but to people from all across the UK.

It was at the half-time interval, when the other protagonists and I were given the chance to step away from our podiums and gather our thoughts during the three-minute advertisement slot.


Ed Miliband narrowly beats David Cameron in snap poll after leaders' debate
Read more
It was at this point I took the opportunity to come forward and chat with some of the members of the public in the front rows of the studio audience.

And the conversations I had brought it home to me just how persuasive and compelling that anti-austerity message is, as some of the people I spoke to told me that they wished they had the opportunity to vote for SNP candidates in England. It was validation of the approach we have adopted to this election campaign, and personally it buoyed me hugely going into the second half of the debate."



'via Blog this'

No comments: