Google

Friday, July 11, 2014

Great Story: Róisín Ingle on ... getting back on the bike

Róisín Ingle on ... getting back on the bike: "At the Irish Cargo Bike Championships in Phoenix Park last month somebody kindly gave me a go of their vehicle. I say vehicle because strapping my children into the sturdy looking box at the front of the bike was a surprisingly empowering moment.
You see, as a committed non-driver, I don’t get to ferry my children around from GAA to dance class to the supermarket. And yet here I was about to take them up and down the cycle path, transporting them from A to B under my own steam.
“It takes a while to get used to it,” I think I heard the bike owner say but I was gone, driving my children somewhere, anywhere, like a proper grown-up."



'via Blog this'

No comments: