Google

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mail from Students- current and former- 2012-2013: One measure of an Educator


  • I just wanted to let you know that I got the fall internship at ...... and I wanted to thank you for the wonderful letter of recommendation you wrote.  It was a valuable asset which helped me greatly at the interview! ...JW
  • Just a note to say I recieved my ...  results this week. I succeeded in achieving a First Class Honours. I am absolutely delighted. The fun starts now looking for a job!...KD
  • It has been some time since we have last spoken. I wanted to reach out to see how things were going on your end. Have you been taking on any new journeys, endeavors, challenges?...When you have a moment, please let me know what has been going on in your life. I'd also like to meet up if schedules will allow in the near future... If you ever need my support in future endeavors, please don't hesitate to ask. Your patience; guidance; and passion for intellectual growth are large contributors to the foundation of my progress on this journey I'm currently on....ZJ
  • This is fantastic news. Thank you very much for all of your assistance during this process! ...MP
  • I hope you are enjoying the beginning of your summer. I had an excellent semester and I wanted to thank you for all of your guidance this past semester...AM
  • I just wanted to say thank you very much for writing me a recommendation letter in the fall.  I wanted to let you know that I was accepted into the Master of Arts in European Union Studies at the... I was also selected for a Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship to study Turkish with the help of your recommendation....I am beyond excited to be a part of this program and extremely grateful for your help, both for your recommendation but more importantly your teaching and guidance...CE
  • I would also like to thank you so much for helping me with the scholarship.  I am very honored to have received the ... Scholarship and I appreciate your guidance and support...AG
  • Just wanted to let you know that I received the internship position at ... and wanted to say thank you for thinking of me and recommending me for this opportunity/experience. ...RP
  • Hi!  I just wanted to touch base with you and see how you are doing.  This past year has flown by.  I cannot believe that it was already last spring that I was in your Intro to Global Business class!  From what I recall, you had received a grant that was to bring you to Ireland.  How has that experience been for you so far?  I don’t recall specifically what the grant was for, but from my understanding you are spending part of your time teaching out there.  That sounds like a great opportunity and will probably give you even more material to discuss next time you teach Global Business...I have continued working on earning my accounting degree this year.  After the upcoming fall semester I will be graduating.  Beyond that, my intention is to complete the  necessary credit hours to sit for the CPA exam...CA
  • I wanted to check in with you and let you know what I'm up to out here in Denver. I did get the position an organization called... JZ
  • I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed Dr. Gopal's class.  He was very insightful and qutie helpful.  I am looking forward to the next 5 weeks with him...AG
  • I was just wondering if you were back in the country and if you are going to be in your office before the term starts.  I was hoping to go over a few things to make sure I'm on track with all my classes.  Also, a few opportunities came to my attention that  I wanted to go over with you...AG
  • I want to thank you for your guideance durring my time at Elmhurst.  I truely have enjoyed the start of my career which has been focused on supply chain.  I have you and the other professors at Elmhurst to thank for that...JH
  • I look forward to seeing you Sunday. I'm glad we have stayed in touch the last four years and I definitely want it to stay like that. ..KH
  • Just want to send you a quick note and let you know that I have recently finished the CPA exam. ..KD
  •  I went to India during last holidays, and now I'm studying in Rouen Business School, Top 20 of the Financial times Master in Management 2012 ranking. I m quiete proud and corporate :)  I'm orienting my career in order to be product chief in the web and mobile applications. JMG
  •  Thank you so much again for always believing in me and pushing me. ..KH

No comments: