Google

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Looking back...at Fall 2010

I appreciated the class alot. I really enjoyed the field trip to a facility. This is a great way to see how a real facility is laid out and using what we learned in the classroom and applying it to real world situations works really well for me....BZ

Also, I just want to thank you for everything you have taught me this semester. I appreciate the fact that you challenged me. I learned so much! I will definitely keep in touch!...SK

Thank you for teaching the class. AK

I just wanted to say thanks for recommending me for another internship. I also wanted to let you know that I have found an internship for the spring semester. I accepted the position a few or so ago. Thank you for thinking of me when you heard of this position...TG

Here's my final reflection paper for Honors Directed Reading. Thank you both for a fun, informative session and for the best final project I've had in my college career. I wish all my finals involved potlucks...MK

Here is a copy of our final presentation! Thank you for an awesome class! Your advice and knowledge is outstanding!...KJ

Taking your class really inspired me to reach high, and I thank you for that! Your lectures gave me a lot of insight of the expectations that businesses have and what I need to do to fulfill them...RR
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your help this semester and to let you know that I truly enjoyed your class each week...TR
I have never had a more intelligent and knowledgeable instructor who at the same time is extraordinarily patient, kind, and encouraging as you. I am very happy I was able to take another wonderful course of yours. In both of your courses - E-Commerce
and Industrial Engineering I always felt that I learned a great deal, and feel well rounded in the subject matter
after I complete it...CS 12/10/2010

Dr. Gopal, I'm so excited! I really think this will be a step in the right direction for my career. I can't thank you enough for your willingness to help and the communications you sent out on my behalf...JB 11/29/2010

Just wanted to update you that I passed my first section of the CPA exam! I also took the second part on Monday so I will find out in 4 weeks if I've passed that one as well. Hope all is well with you. How are classes? Happy Thanksgiving!...MF


I just wanted to thank all of you for your help over the past several years I have been attending the IIT INTM program. I am very happy today as I was promoted to IMT (Industrial Manufacturing Technology) program coordinator at ECC...CS

Professor Gopal, My mom is going to be in town on Wednesday, and if you're available we'd like to treat you to dinner. I have a window of availability between classes from 3-6:30pm. If you're available at all during that time and would like to grab dinner with us, let me know!...MS

Thank you very much! As usual, your assistance is invaluable to me. I will work on the website as soon as I get my "recommendation letter packer" together for you and Drs. Butler and Harbold. I was actually planning on doing a website, though its focus was to be on Verdi baritones rather than me. Do you think I would do myself a disservice by mixing the two? Verdibaritones.com is not registered yet.
...JB
Here is my LVMH case study. This one was a lot of fun to read and
research about. I have always loved most of the brands that LVMH has,
but didn't realize the extent of the market that they have in their
pocket!
Thank you for doing that. I think it would be interesting to take that class so I may take it in the spring next year. As an update, I talked to my parents about the possibility of graduating early. They both want to see me play tennis that last semester if I'm up for it. At this point I'm planning on returning for that last semester, but picking my classes as if I am graduating early. Thanks again for all you've done for me the last two and a half years...JG
Gurram, I understand how busy you are and very much appreciate your time in recommending me. LMH
I don't know if you remember me, but I took a marketing class from you in 2007. For my marketing project I designed the "QuickFix Entertainment Kiosk," if that rings a bell. It was one of the best classes I have ever taken that was not part of my major...JB
How do you know so much? What do you read? SK, 10/18/2010
Just wanted to let you know that I got the internship! I'm very excited about it. A little nervous of course, but I really hope this all works out. If all goes well, I should be starting next Monday but I have to get a drug test and a background check before then (which might not be easy cause I'm not sure how to do all that). But, I'm getting a packet in the mail tomorrow that should explain all of that to me. Awesome, huh?Thanks for pointing me in this direction...LM
Good evening, Dr. Gopal. I'm exhausted after this mid-term...EH

Thank you very much for your time and effort spend on the guest lecture you gave at my Topics in Industry class last Wednesday. I could tell that the students were very engaged and interested in the Industrial Engineering topic and I am sure they got the needed information on this important subject matter....MS, 10/6

I knew that there were two Gopals on campus, but my roommate assumed she had "my" Gopal so I just went along with her. I can't believe I made that mistake!! I told her that you are the best Dr. Gopal on the campus though!!...KH 10/7
Great seeing you today. As always, I had blast visiting with you and speaking with your class. Hopefully, we are making some supply chain converts!!...JB, 10/5

Many thanks Professor Gopal for your valued contribution...MZ 


The job is going well. It is pretty stressful and time consuming, but I have learned so much within the last month and a half. These first 12 weeks are classroom training with tests and homework so I'm looking forward to that part of the program to end. The people at zzz are wondeful and I'm interested to see how all of this training turns out. How has your summer been? Ready for classes to begin?...KC

haha yeah, we had chocolate!...I should be all set for fall/will be in Michigan on the 25th and 26th
but I'd like to meet relatively soon just to talk about longer term scheduling/what I should do with my LIFE! ..AG

If possible, I'd like you to be my advisor because your focus is in marketing and because you actually know me personally. So if you're able to, I'd really appreciate it!...AG

I will be attending an interview for a full-time position at Kellogg's this Friday, and I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to write a letter of recommendation for me to include in the portfolio that I'm bringing to the interview...Thanks so much for considering doing this for me, and I hope to be hearing from you soon. All the Best, EC.

I guess you’ve probably been back for a while, but a hearty “Welcome back” is still OK, right? I imagine you’re already busy preparing for a new semester ... hard to believe the summer is already slipping away!As you can see from my contact info below, my career has taken yet another turn. Would love to get together/catch up sometime soon if you’re available ... and MAY want to bring my daughter Sarah; she could use some good academic guidance/adviceJ!..KK


Hope all is going well for you! How are you? I just wanted to email you and let you know that I started my job at Porte Brown this week. It has been great! I have done a ton of training and will continue to do training until tax season. I am so excited and happy how things are working out there. It is a definite adjustment to the "real world"...I'm very tired by the time I get home, but it is worth it. I did see Kelly Bradford (her last name is Walters now I believe). She says hi back to you and that you are a great professor...MF
Thank you again for everything you have done for me in the past 4 years. I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for you. Hope your summer is going well and your garden is blooming with all this rain!

It was really great catching up with you again! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your insights. I have really taken them to heart and am changing my focus because there are so many opportunities abroad...PM

I heard that you helped *** with the GreenFest. That's awesome! She said you were very helpful. Thanks for coming out for that!...LM

Hello Professor Gopal, How are you and how was the school year? I hope your summer is going well and you are enjoying your time. I am currently working at Benedictine University for the Summer and it's pretty enjoyable. Well I hope to see you soon. Take care...JS

Thank you again for everything you have done for me. You really don't realize what a huge impact you have made on my life. I hope that one day I will be able to help someone in the same way you helped me because something like that is priceless...MF

No comments: