Google

Monday, May 10, 2010

The winning touchdown...Randolph way

A Football Coach Used to Tests Insists Her Players Pass Theirs - NYTimes.com: "When Randolph, who was born and raised here, gave her presentation to the hiring committee, she was clear about her goals.

“I hope that they know that I really don’t care about winning football games,” she said. “But I do care about school. My players will be productive citizens someday, not delinquents on a curb. Athletes are just not made to do academics enough, and that’s nationwide. But I’m going to change that.”

In some ways, a coach that emphasizes academics over athletic achievement may be even rarer than a woman coaching at this level, said Derrick Mickels, the director of school programs for Friends of Bedford, a private management organization that works with Coolidge."

No comments: