Google

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sacked or Sachs

Goldman Traders Had Full Quarter of Up Days - WSJ.com: "NEW YORK—Goldman Sachs Group Inc. traders didn't lose any money at the end of each trading day during the first quarter, a first for the Wall Street firm, which typically loses funds on at least a handful of days in the period.

Traders raked in more than $100 million daily for 35 days and made no less than $25 million daily during the rest of the three-month period, according to a regulatory filing."

The New Poor - The Economy Shifts, Leaving Some Behind - NYTimes.com: "With so few local job prospects and most of her possessions of value already liquidated she has considered selling her blood to help pay for the move. But she says she cannot find a market for that, either; blood collection agencies, she said, told her they do not buy her blood type.

“Sometimes I think I’d be better off in jail,” she says, only half joking. “I’d have three meals a day and structure in my life. I’d be able to go to school. I’d have more opportunities if I were an inmate than I do here trying to be a contributing member of society.”"

No comments: