Google

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Spring 2010- Away on sabbatical, but not away from students

Thanks again-I've graduated and you still continue to help me again and again!...MF

I hope you are still enjoying the students and offering them a plethora of knowledge; I learned so much in your classes! I would love the opportunity to catch up sometime when you are free, and bring along a few of my fellow almuni. Please let me know your availability. I am still in contact with a few individuals from my marketing class and I am sure they would enjoy getting together as well...AH
Thanks for looking out for a legal job. I was able to get one in Chicago. I am working at Rush University Medical Hospital as a Law Clerk. If you are ever free to grab lunch or dinner let me know. Thanks for all the help over the years...BL

I signed up for a graphics design course and there are two Prerequisites: ART 113, ART 125. I have taken ART 125 but not ART 113. Do you think I'll be okay taking this course? SV

I wanted to reach out to you, in hopes of gaining some career advice. I am currently in career transition from XYZ. I am looking to put my formal education in Supply Chain Management to practice. I would like to talk with you and get some ideas on how I could move forward in this endeavor...KA

Thank you so much for hosting the dinner for us last night! It was wonderful and such a great time, you are so generous. I had a great time and the food was marvelous. Thanks for sending the pictures as well!...KC (2010)
Hah! Not likely - about the Dancing with the Stars thing. But thanks anyway! And thanks for helping me out with all of this. I really appreciate it! I am excited to take the dance class! It'll be a nice relaxing class, I think...KD
Thank you so much for letting me know about this opportunity, I appreciate it. I also really appreciate you writing me a letter of recommendation for it...AD
I won't be able to make it to dinner at your house. I'm sorry I cannot attend, I was looking forward to it. If I don't see you, thanks for everything you have done for me over the past 4 years. My experience at Elmhurst College was amazing and I can't thank everyone enough...VM
Hey I just wanted to say hello and see how everything is going for you. Hope all is well and you are enjoying your semester abroad overseas. I am staying very busy with school and I now have an internship at a marketing/Ad firm downtown. I have also been maintaining my grades despite my busy schedule so I'm sure you will be pleased to hear that I don't have any "senioritis." Good luck on all of your travels. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day! Best Wishes,...JK

Thank you so much for everything!...AQ

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly...LZ

Quick question
- I am writing my resignation letter for my current job, and I was just wondering if you could take a quick look at it and let me know if it looks okay...Thank you! Now it's perfect...AC

Every conversation with you has given me s
ome insight or the other about life like it should be.
Thanks for being there for our rescue everytime we made a mistake...Vin

I just came back from my Accounting Information Systems class and was discussing with a girl that sits across from me how awesome your classes were...Th
ese advanced courses are killer. I can feel my brain turning to jelly. The higher the accounting courses get, the more depressingly boring they become. I find myself reminiscing about the more interesting classes that I took, like marketing and global business...SH

I was just curious to see around what day y
ou would be returning in the area? Brad wanted to send you something and he wasn't sure where (house or work) and when to send it. Thanks and hope you're having a great time!...MF

I just wanted you to hear it from me before it gets posted on LinkedIn, but I found a position finally!!! It's at....- my dream job! I feel very blessed, and thank you for all of your help along the way...AC
I am actually working there up until finals week. The internship is definitely hard work, but I am enjoying it. I get enough work every week that I could be working full-time, but instead try and cram it in half the hours. I have learned a lot, and I will be giving a final presentation to Senior Management in a few weeks. Also, I just found out today that I am the CBE Senior of the Year! Thanks for all of your help....KC
Thanks Prof. Gopal! Glad you made it back safely and are here to enjoy the nice weather too (considering it is Chicago). My grades are doing well right now and I am having a blast with sign language. I'll let me parents know you said hi. Hope to see you soon!..MF

It was great to know you as a human being and teacher.Do drop in to Mumbai to stay with my family the next time you visit India...VL

I know you're technically not my advisor this spring semester, but I felt much more comfortable talking to you about it...TL
I'm really excited for this event and am very thankful that you gave me the opportunity to participate....JG

That test kicked my butt...Thanks for your help, you made me more confident and prepared. AC

I just wanted to let you know that I miss seeing you on campus -HW
You are the best, Dr. Gopal. I am a little stressed... but let's keep our fingers crossed! AC, 3/2/2010
The class exercise was useful...MBA 3/1/2010

You are my first choice for a variety of reasons. You were a major influence on me not only as my teacher, but also as my mentor. I am currently considering my options for life after Elmhurst College. I will either look for a full-time position in business or attend graduate school. Either way, I hope to have quality letter of recommendations for the future. Thank you for your consideration and everything that you have done for me over the last three years....Joe F.
I figure most jobs are going to have some negatives and it is hard to be overly selective right now. I was hoping to get some input from you. Positive, negatives, advice, or personal experiences, anything would be really helpful. Thanks for your time!...CV
I just wanted to let you know that I was accepted to be an RA next year!...MB

School and my internship are going well. I'm pretty busy, working 32 hours a week and going to school full time. BOY! But it is very good. We just launched our Residential Audit and Retrofit Program... check it out!
It was in the Daily Herald and everything (I'm practically famous!) HA! We have already received around 50 applications, with more coming in every day! WOOO It's exciting but exhausting!!!...MS

I need to speak with you about an issue I am having within the xyz Department concerning a Research Mentorship that never got off to a start and I will not be able to complete...CN

Honestly speaking, we really miss you a lot...NK

I appreciate all of your help and I am very thankful to have an advisor, professor, and mentor like you. By the time you return from India I may be interested in a different position, but at the running store I am gaining experience in many relevant areas, and getting to work around running things. So I am happy for now...MS


I miss seeing you in class...KH

I am sorry that it has been so long since I last stopped by your office...I would like to meet and talk about some things if you will be in the area awhile longer...CV

My J-term class, Towards Understanding Autism, is going great. The material is really interesting, and we get to start observations tomorrow...MB

I start with Harris on xyz! I also was able to talk up my salary a little bit which was great. Thanks for your advice on that....KC

The challenge is in maintaining consistency across many sections and teachers, and having consistent high standards- it is a problem we have in the CBE too....GG

You are absolutely right... The good news is that we have a better chance than ever of making sure that all students get the experience and appropriate evaluation that they need (and deserve)... Thanks for your support! AFW

I really appreciate you nominating me for the various awards. You are truly a great advisor...KC

I’m interested in reading more about Innovation. Do you have any recommendations on good books about that topic? You’re one of the most innovative folks I know, always thinking of new and different ways to approach things....KO

I really enjoyed this course and I feel like it gave me valuable information to apply to my everyday tasks. I plan to get very involved on campus, and I recently applied for the student ambassadors position and i'm applying for the RA position....TL


No comments: