Google

Friday, November 06, 2009

Progress....

On my flight to Salt Lake City today an elderly lady sat across the aisle from me. During the flight she called the flight attendant and wanted to know what Southwest was doing regarding recycling and whether the aluminum cans that were being given out were being recycled. While the answer was "not right now" I was delighted to see even the older generation taking such keen interest in sustainability.

The Marriott where I am staying has featured its "Reduce Reuse Recover Recycle" theme prominently and explains what it is doing towards sustainable living. I was quite impressed by some of the initiatives being undertaken. In my room there is a biodegradable bag into which I can throw in all the recyclable materials I am using and disposing.

No comments: