Google

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Dave on YouTube- Dave Allen, that is...

When I arrived in the United States in September 1983, soon after graduating from IIT Madras, my first challenge was to quickly figure out baseball and "football." Being a sportsman who played any sport that was played, I found it easy and fun to get to the bottom of the rules of these games and the intricacies involved. Apart from sports, Dave Allen at Large was part my weekly entertainment diet. Dave Allen used to appear on BBC and my friends and I found his skits highly enjoyable. Thanks to YouTube, I can now watch these skits again and re-live those fun moments. Whatever complaints people might have against Google, it has to be admitted that this enterprise has really enabled generations to connect with the past and with the present. Thanks, Google.

No comments: