Google

Monday, September 28, 2009

A question of ethics...

Today, a friend asked me to get Vonage because it was offering an attractive deal for international calling. I replied that I refrain from giving business to firms which have crooks leading them- I was thinking of Jeffrey A. Citron, the founder/ex CEO of Vonage, who was indicted for Securities Fraud in 2003. My friend's reasoning was that all firms are led by crooks, so that should not be a factor in procuring products and services.


Based on my experience there are quite a few decent managers including Mike Birck of Tellabs. People should spend the time and energy to identify such firms and support them with their purchases. Until people display their own ethics and values in purchasing, the managers will not change their habits.

No comments: