Google

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Teaching Business....

I taught an intro course on Global Business to a diverse group of students. It was very challenging and time consuming, but rewarding.

Student Comments on the Global Business course
  • This class has allowed me to see things in a whole new light...With Globalization of Business comes increasing responsibility not just towards a specific country or people but the world. SH
  • I have learned how to handle many situations, and how to look at every angle before deciding what action to take....Professor Gopal challenges all of his students to think outside the box to contemplate ideas that might seem like a stretch, but once more thought is put into it, it is an imperative piece of the puzzle...This is a class about global business, but it is just as much about life and decisions. CB.
  • This class has taught me how to work with people and collaborate in a respectful way. CH.
  • BUS271 was probably the best class I took this semester because it had the most information that could be applied to the real world. AH
  • Disparity between what is suggested as reality and how things truly work was the subject of many structured in-class debates. JZ
  • Though I have found myself struggling at times, this class has truly forced me to think about concepts and ideas I had never thought twice about or even cared about before....The comments Dr. Gopal left on my papers challenged me to go even further beyond what I felt was an already well thought-out write-up to think extremely critically....DP.
  • The main thing I got from this course is that if we want to progress as a whole world and as the human race in general, we all have to work together to achieve greatness. No one country can do everything by themselves. We can all progress individually but if everyone in the whole world works together, we can make a better world for everybody and these improvements will come at a faster rate. LB.
  • My experience in this class was amazing. I gained so much in this class in terms of my understanding on globalization. AJ.

No comments: