Google

Thursday, May 07, 2009

DeadHeads still alive

The other day one of my students attended the Grateful Dead concert, albeit a Garcia-less Dead performance. I was surprised that the current generation has elements that like the Dead.

Yesterday, in my marketing class, I happened to mention Billy Joel in the context of work ethic, and sure enough, one student happened to like his music. There is no accounting for the retro tastes of the kids.


**Someone who sent me a comment anonymously , did not get the gist of my piece.  I am a BIG FAN of the Grateful Dead and Billy Joel, and love their music. I find it interesting that some of today's students enjoy those tunes- that is the point of the article. So yes, I do like the tastes of the current generation!**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.