Google

Friday, April 03, 2009

Thanks to the students

Today one of my advisees EC came in to see me. She was very happy- she had got an internship with a Fortune 500 company, she was doing very well in classes, and generally was enjoying herself. What was amazing to me was the difference in EC from three years ago. She had grown up! As she talked about her interests, I realized she had a solid foundation of ethics, and that she found great joy in sharing. What a gift!

MS, another of my advisees who is graduating this May, has won two awards already and is in the running for the senior of the year, along with another advisee JB. Both are excellent students, JB being a rare gem. I hope one of them wins the award.

ZJ, KL, CL, MKR, and other advisees of mine are terrific students who are also graduating this year. This group is one of the finest group of students I have known, and I will truly miss their company.

Thanks for the memories, kids!

No comments: