Google

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Innovation...An Advisor wises up!

It is that time of the year, when my advising season starts. In our College students have to meet with their advisors before registering for the upcoming semester. I carry a big burden- I have nearly sixty advisees. When you are good, everyone wants you. Each student takes about 1/2 hr, which means that this advising takes up nearly 30 hours over the next three weeks.
Every semester I put a sign-up sheet on my door. Students come and select the time slot to see me for advising. Every faculty member does it similarly. This term, finally, I am using an online scheduling system. I had been planning to use one for more than two years, but the start-up effort was a big barrier. I bit the bullet this time.
We will see how it works, but so far the comments have been positive...

***

I think signing up for advising online is a great idea! It's so convenient and "green." I am also going to get a reminder e-mail 24 hours before my time slot which will be very helpful. MS.

I just finished using it and it was really easy. I think it's a great idea because for some people it might be hard to find time to go sign up at your door when the building is open. It was really fast and easy to use- it took me less than 2 minutes, which is less time than it would have taken me to walk over to your office...CM.
I really liked it! I would definitely implement it into setting up scheduling times. It was easy to use and is nice to be able to do from our computers. KC.

I scheduled an appointment and it seemed to work. I'll see you then...TS

No comments: