Google

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The best job in the Universe..

Sunday March 15, 2009 7:30-9:00 PM

This evening I went to a senior voice recital by one of my graduating students, JB. He put together a highly challenging program including compositions of Handel, Mozart, Gilbert & Sullivan, Gershwin, and Verdi, and delivered a magnificent performance. It was a very enjoyable evening. I was delighted to meet JB's parents who were very gracious and thanked me for playing the role of a mentor and a friend for their son. These moments really make my job worthwhile, and enable me to put up with all the political garbage that goes on in any organization.

**
A note from a former student:

Dear Dr. Gopal: Did anyone tell you that you see people's values very clearly? That is a rare and good asset.

No comments: