Google

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Homage to my teachers -High School

St. Paul's High School, Hyderabad, India

Edna Aranha, who taught me English at St. Pauls. She was a wonderful teacher, who encouraged me and pushed me towards higher achievements. She pushed me to take part in the essay writing compeittion, in which won the second prize, and received a great book, Kenilworth by Sir Walter Scott. She also encouraged me to represent our school in the General Knowledge competition with Sitharam and Madhukar Reddy. That was a great experience too. Edna was the first great teacher I ever had in my life apart from my parents, and a great friend.

Sakina Mirza taught us social studies. A disciplinarian, she was rigorous in her teaching, and made social studies interesting. She also taught English to other sections.

Sajeda Begum taught us Social Studies. She introduced us to Sherlock Holmes, when she read us the story of "The Speckled band." Thanks, ma'm.


Irene taught us natural sciences. A somewhat chubby person, she was very friendly and collegial. A great teacher in the classroom, she shared time with me even outside of class.

P. Krishnamoorthy taught us Chemistry, and Mar Redddy Telugu. I could not quite relate to them. Rasool Sir taught us Math. He was quite good. but he only taught Algebra.
Pushpalata taught Telugu for a while and she was a really good teacher.

My everlasting gratitude to these wonderful people for a great education and lifelong friendship.

4 comments:

Anant said...

A google search for St. Paul's High School teachers brought me to your page. Thanks for the comments on all the teachers each of who strikes a chord.

running_on_empty said...

Thanks, Anant. I am glad you have happy memories of the St. Pauls years and remember the teachers.

Anant said...

Thank you ROE. It was a great period of my life (1978) batch. What were your co-ordinates?

Anant said...

Dear Gopal,

I have linked this article is my post here.

Best regards, Anant