Google

Monday, October 27, 2008

High Praise- Will take it when I get it

Today a first year student came to see me to discuss the courses to take in Spring. As her adviser, I have to approve her selections. She told me that she was seriously considering majoring in Psychology. I gave her some ideas and suggestions regarding courses. After our discussion, I let her know that while she was stuck with me for the next few months, she would get an adviser in the Psych department next year. To which she replied, "I am OK with you as my advisor."

Of course, on the other side, one of my advisees wanted to major in Political Science and I had her assigned to a professor in that department. The student promptly shot me an email asking why I was taken away as her advisor. So I had to put in a request to have her re-assigned to me.

The ups and downs of a college professor!

No comments: